1.28.2010

The Toddler Rules of Eating

  1.  Mommy and Daddy's food is always better, unless it's something I've never had before.
  2.  If Mommy and Daddy put what's on their plate directly onto mine in an attempt to circumvent rule #1, I'll still go for their plate.
  3. If Mommy and Daddy make me something special because what's on their plate is something I've vehemently rejected in the past, it's a good time to decide that I do indeed like what they have. 
  4.  If I'm not hungry, I'll be messy. If I am hungry, I'll very carefully and fastidiously eat every morsel. If I'm really hungry, I'll haphazardly shove anything vaguely resembling food towards my face.
  5. My favorite food can change randomly and without warning.
  6. My favorite food is always a hit, unless I'm hungry and whining for food. Then I want something else. You have to guess what.

1 comment:

  1. So true! Matthias is always trying to eat my food. He can have the exact same thing, but it tastes soo much better off my plate. And of course it is only my food that's better. Not Calvin's. And my glass of milk. Oh well, it's like a forced diet, right?

    ReplyDelete