2.23.2011

Silence is never golden.

The kids have been playing together well lately (for the most part, anyway). They're really starting to collaborate in ways vaguely reminiscent of my & my little brother....which scares me.
Yesterday, they were playing in J's room (which will be their shared room eventually). No screaming, banging, crashing, or crying. All was well, and since I was doing dishes in peace, more time went past than I realized. This was worrisome.
My suspicions were confirmed when I entered the room to find J's bed as taken apart as a preschooler and toddler could make it: sheets and blanket everywhere, mattress off and shoved against a wall; even pillow removed from the pillowcase. The bed-frame was in the center of the room, with two children on it, looking very pleased with themselves.
"J! What are you doing?!?"

Big smile. "Is a boat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment